Facebook is a social media success phenomenon.
1) More than one million websites have integrated with Facebook platform.
2) 150 million people engage with Facebook on external websites every month.
3) Two-thirds of comScore’s U.S. Top 100 websites and half of comScore’s Global Top 100 websites have integrated already.
4) Facebook likes, shares, and comments, are feeding the social interactions of users, resulting in greater the personalisation inside Facebook.
5) Facebook hit 700 million active users earlier this year 2011 and now it has a population of around 900 million.
6) 50% of active users log on to Facebook in any given day.
7) The average user has 130 friends.
8) People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook.
9) Facebook has just introduced Timeline, which aims to allow users to enter details of their key life moments going back to their birth.
It is clear that as long as people want to communicate, network and socialise online, businesses, brands and service providers will need to get a Facebook presence. In addition, growing opportunities with other popular social media channels such as Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, Stumbleupon, Delicious, Digg and Reddich.
The social media revolution continues to change the world and the world of business communications.
Make sure your business is using social media to communicate your social marketing messages.
Steve Johnson is a Digital Marketing Consultant at SEO Allardice, Twickenham, London. United Kingdom.